From: Bill Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: Gentoo Users <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] emerge hints needed
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 05:22:23
1 Some time back I saw someone mention a way to get emerge to install an
2 ebuild with a bad digest - man emerge shows nothing so can someone give
3 me a hint. It was much easier than going down the ebuild path.
4
5 Also, I am in the process of rescuing a system from the
6 e2fs/util-linux/device-mapper snafu and find that now I have it booted
7 re-emerging util-linux wont overwrite the files I manually installed to
8 replace the missing ones - necessitating manually rm'ing some 50 or so
9 files - is there a way to force emerge to ignore file collisions and
10 just overwrite them in this circumstance?
11
12 BillK