From: he zhitong <hezhit@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] executing commands on lots of servers at once
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 12:04:00
1 On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 2:36 AM, James <jtp@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > I have a cluster of Gentoo boxes I'd like to update all at once, along
4 > with emerging specific packages to the servers simultaneously.
5 >
6 > Does anyone have any experience(s) with a good utility for doing this?
7 > I've seen a few scripts online for accomplishing this but I'm not sure
8 > how these scripts would handle the large amount of output that emerge
9 > generates from all the servers simultaneously.
10 >
11 > Thoughts / ideas appreciated.
12 >
13 > -j
14 >
15 > you can use screen, introduced in last GMN.
16 http://www.gentoo.org/news/en/gmn/20081130-newsletter.xml