From: Jeremy Olexa <olex.mail.lists@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox + Thunderbird 1.5
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2006 01:14:56
1 PaulNM wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > I had looked into this awhile ago, but put it aside. Does anyone
5 > know anything about the status of Firefox 1.5 final and Thunderbird 1.5
6 > final as far as getting into stable? Also, are any of the ~x86 ebuilds
7 > the final version, as opposed to a 1.5 beta? I see a mention in a bug
8 > report comment for Firefox back in 2006-02-05 that it might be stable in
9 > a few days, which hasn't happened.
10
11 Well, Thunderbird has just had a new -r* release within the past few
12 days, so I assume that the devs are working on that still. You could
13 always unmask the packages and use them. I have had them unmasked for ~2
14 weeks and everything works great. I am sure other have as well.
15
16 Another reason to love Gentoo...If it doesn't work for you simply mask
17 them again and re-emerge...it's great ;)
18
19 I'm not trying to be short with you but the only people that will know
20 are the devs (and I doubt they read this list).
21
22 -Jeremy
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list