From: Dru Kargin <drukargin@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] gthumb --import photos does not import .nef files / gthumb only displays .nef embedded thumbs
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 05:03:53
1 I am having a lot of trouble with gthumb and the .nef raw image files
2 from my wife's Nikon DSLR. In spite of making sure that
3 seemingly-appropriate mime entries for .nef are in the system (thunar
4 recognizes .nef as "Nikon raw image", and thumbnails it), gthumb
5 --import-photos reports "no images found," gphoto2 refers to the .NEF
6 files as "application/x-unknown", and gthumb will only display the
7 low-res embedded thumbnails of the .nef files.
8
9 In contrast, on my wife's Ubuntu machine, gthumb will import and display
10 the .nef files just fine.
11
12 What am I doing wrong here?
13