From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] A circular dependency problem with notification-daemon and libnotify...
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 10:51:26
1 On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 05:27:12 -0500, Chris Walters wrote:
2
3 > I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem. I am running
4 > an AMD64 arch, and when I try to "emerge notification-daemon", it will
5 > not compile because libnotify is not present. If I try to emerge
6 > libnotify, it tries to merge notification-daemon first, and I get the
7 > same problem.
8
9 > PS: I was wondering if removing the 'gstreamer' USE flag from
10 > notification-daemon might fix the problem.
11
12 The only amd64 ebuild of notification-daemon, 0.3.7, does not have a
13 gstreamer USE flag. That's only present in the 0.4.0 ebuild, which is
14 ~amd64. Are you trying to mix stable and testing packages?
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 "Bother," said Pooh, as the vice squad took his GIFS