From: Heiko Wundram <me+gentoo-user@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] virtual cdroms in linux
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 17:59:08
1 Am Mittwoch, 1. März 2006 18:02 schrieb Nick Smith:
2 > vmware tells me that /dev/loop1 exsists but does not appear to be a
3 > cdrom device, is there something else i have to do?
4
5 As I said, YMMV. The loop device doesn't support CD-ROM-device IOCTLs, which
6 are required by VMware as it seems. There's nothing you can do about that,
7 except to use the internal CD-ROM emulation that VMware offers. As it seems
8 that this doesn't work for you, you're out of luck.
11 --- Heiko.
14 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list