From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] To Wifi or not to Wifi...
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 18:56:32
1 On Monday 27 Jul 2015 19:13:03 Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > shocked from over 1000 lines of configurational stuff in
5 > wpa_supplicant.conf I have manovered to this point
6 >
7 > The USB Wifi-dongle now is a TP-LINK WN722N with Atheros chipset AR9271
8 > 802.11n (thanks for the hint!) which driver is by far easier to compile
9 > and use as the hassle with this other one...
10 >
11 > I started /etc/init.d/hostapd manually and the /etc/init.d/net.wlan0
12 > and got this here
13 >
14 > Successfully initialized wpa_supplicant
15 > rfkill: Cannot open RFKILL control device
16 > [ ok ] * Starting wpa_cli on wlan0 ...
17 > [ ok ] *
18 > Backgrounding ... ...
19 > * WARNING: net.wlan0 has started, but is inactive
22 > I am confused by this...especially by "rfkill: Cannot open RFKILL control
23 > device...[OK]". It's feeling like: "Unexpected ERROR: SUCCESS"
26 > What is the above text is trying to tell me?
27
28 It is probably telling you that you have not configured rfkill in your kernel?
29
30 $ grep RFKILL /usr/src/linux/.config
31 CONFIG_RFKILL=m
32 CONFIG_RFKILL_LEDS=y
33 CONFIG_RFKILL_INPUT=y
34 # CONFIG_AMILO_RFKILL is not set
35 # CONFIG_TOSHIBA_BT_RFKILL is not set
38 This allows you to control the state of the hardware using any buttons for it
39 on your laptop, or by running the command 'rfkill list/block/unblock DEVICE'.
42 > PS:
43 > Is there any stripped down version of wpa_supplicant.conf
44 > for AP use? Sawing that reminds me a little at manually configuring
45 > sendmail....
46
47 For hostapd use this:
48