From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] How to set-up "shutdown-only" user?
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 20:38:04
1 Hi Gentoo-users,
2
3 I'm facing this problem: I *have to* allow one non-root user
4 to shutdown my server remotely (ssh). I know I could create
5 account for him and add his login into /etc/shutdown.allow but
6 I do not want to grant him full shell access.
7
8 I thought about adding "/sbin/shutdown -a h now" as his shell
9 into /etc/passwd so that right after he authenticates himself,
10 shutdown is called. But I'm not sure something like this is
11 possible (shutdown must be probably called from shel)...
12
13 Or is there maybe some other way how to create very restricted
14 account where user could not do anything else but call shutdown?
15
16 Jarry
17 --
19 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
20 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.