From: Simon <turner25@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] full shutdown
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 21:24:41
1 Hi there,
2 this must be simple (it always is) but I can't figure out by myself.
3 I have one of the first eeepc (4gb) and when issuing `shutdown -h
4 now` the computer shutdown perfectly but forgets to cut the current.
5 I have to press the power button 4 sec to cut it manually.
6
7 I'm recompiling the kernel almost as often as I breathe and i wonder
8 if I'm not missing some steps (during or after)... I have acpi
9 installed and init.d/acpi is started. acpi support was compiled in
10 kernel and i tried with and without the CONFIG_ACPI_ASUS with no
11 difference. I'm using kernel 2.6.24 (for several drivers that are
12 most compatible with this one). I have almost the same install on 2
13 different PCs (with obvious tweakings in kernel options and /etc) and
14 the most recent one shuts down correctly, the older one does the same
15 thing as my eeepc...
16
17 When recompiling the kernel, I do: make && make modules_install;
18 then I recompile the drivers i have and install them, is there
19 anything else i should recompile, like should i re-emerge acpi?
20
21 Also, I dont think it's related but, when doing 'startx', after,
22 when shutting down, the console screen doesnt update and is stuck on
23 the x11 and fvwm2 messages... it doesnt show the progress, any ideas?
24 (this is secondary though)
25
26 Thanks in advance guys!
27 Simon
30 When Earth was the only inhabited planet in the Galaxy, it was a
31 primitive place, militarily speaking. The only weapon they had ever
32 invented worth mentioning was a crude and inefficient nuclear-reaction
33 bomb for which they had not even developed the logical defense. -
34 Asimov