From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to find the version of portage before 2005
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2020 11:25:02
1 Tanek Liang wrote:
2 > Thank you. This should not contain the complete svn repository, so it
3 > is not what I need.
4 >
5 > Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com <mailto:rdalek1967@×××××.com>>
6 > 于2020年4月19日周日 上午8:47写道:
7 >
8 > Tanek Liang wrote:
9 >> Hi,
10 >>
11 >> I read this article:
12 >> https://www.funtoo.org/Making_the_Distribution,_Part_3,
13 >> interested in early portage.
14 >>
15 >> But the first commit of portage's git repository was 2005, and no
16 >> earlier history can be found.
17 >>
18 >> Does anyone know how to find an earlier svn repository?
19 >> Cheers!
20 >> yongxinag
24 > I may still have a really old install CD that has it.  I'd have to
25 > dig for it but if that would work, I could find it, get the files
26 > needed and email them to you.  I'm not positive I still have it
27 > but would be willing to look and see.  I think it would be version
28 > 1.4 or something.  That's the Gentoo version from around 2003
29 > which is pretty early on.
30 >
31 > Would that help?
32 >
33 > Dale
34 >
39 When I read your message, I thought maybe you were wanting the emerge
40 command file itself, it's just a python script and rather smallish back
41 then.  If that's not going to help, I don't know of anything else.  I
42 only found one CD.  It was a 2 CD set.  The other is likely around here
43 somewhere.
44
45 Dale
46