From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Printer margins
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 21:42:54
1 Dale <rdalek1967 <at> gmail.com> writes:
5 > So, how does one change the bottom margin to say 1/2 or even 3/4 inch or
6 > something? Is there a way?
7
8 Use to be (decades ago) it was in lp or lpr filter files.
9
10 Now (at least my experiences) is that each app (particularly if it is
11 a gui based app) has it's own method. Some retain settings other do not;
12 ymmv.
15 For cups settings, I google for margin ideas for printers.conf.
18 PS, copy out your config files in /etc/cups/ so when cups hammers them
19 in the future, you have working backup copies....
22 sorry I could not help more...
23 I'd be most curious to learn of a universal method nowadays,
24 particularly one that works on ascii, text and such printed via
25 lp.
29 James