From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] concatenate ogg-files...?
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 16:05:46
1 On Sunday 30 January 2011 14:52:36 meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> [11-01-30 15:36]:
3 > > On Sunday 30 January 2011 13:55:41 meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
4 > > > Hi,
5 > > >
6 > > > I have three ogg-files (audio) which I want to concatenate
7 > > > in a way, so that as much as possible of the audio quality
8 > > > will be preserved and the result should be an ogg-file again,
9 > > > which not only plays ok, because mplayer or what ever simply
10 > > > skipps over format violations but is of a valid ogg format.
11 > > >
12 > > > How can I do this ?
13 > > >
14 > > > Thank you very much in advance for any help!
15 > > > Best regards,
16 > > > mcc
17 > >
18 > > Have you looked at ffmpeg? It has the concat protocol to join files
19 > > together - have not tried it with ogg though, so YMMV.
20 >
21 > Hi Mick,
22 >
23 > thanks for your reply!
24 >
25 > Are the ogg-files reencoded? If yes: If possible I am looking for a
26 > solution which does not do that, cause it implies a loss of quality...
27
28 I'm not the most educated in video/audio matters to advise here, but I know
29 that if you use ffmpeg and specify '-acodec copy' it will do just that with
30 the raw data. I know you can use ffmpeg with streams, so some clever use of
31 pipes may be required for your application.
32
33 Perhaps someone more knowledgeable can chime in here.
34 --
35 Regards,
36 Mick