From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gmail and that stupid spam filter. :-@
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 03:12:55
1 On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 7:05 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I recently switched to gmail. I did some searches to see how to disable
5 > or just make it so gmail's spam filter does not move anything to the
6 > spam folder. They don't work. Does someone here know of a way to get
7 > rid of this thing? It's getting on my nerves and I am even considering
8 > switching to Yahoo or something. I even thought about just marking
9 > everything it thinks is spam as not spam. Sort of mess up their stuff
10 > but if it works, may try it next.
11 >
12 > Thanks!
13 >
14 > Dale
17 My experience is that it learns fairly quickly what's spam and what
18 isn't, but I have about 50 labels I created - different lists, family,
19 etc. for which I wrote simple rules. That keeps most stuff going to
20 the right place. I get about 30 spam a day which is pretty easy to
21 read through just once a day.
22
23 Works for me.
24