From: Indi <thebeelzebubtrigger@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] site:www.gentoo.org (compile phase)...die "econf failed"
Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 12:21:49
1 On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 08:30:02AM +0200, Felix Miata wrote:
2 >
3 > http://fm.no-ip.com/Tmp/Linux/G/ has my build.log, config.log and
4 > eclass-debug.log files from 6 different emerge failures, plus output of
5 > emerge --info. Is there something akin to a Handbook page that describes
6 > similar failures and how to fix them? Is my problem not a common blocker for
7 > new users? How can I make any progress with everything hitting this
8 > apparently same or similar problem? Since I got a working kernel and mc, I've
9 > not managed to get anything else to emerge. :-(
12 Looking at http://fm.no-ip.com/Tmp/Linux/G/build-libeventlog.txt
13 I noticed this:
14 "checking whether the C compiler works... no"
15
16 and at http://fm.no-ip.com/Tmp/Linux/G/build-sysklogdlog.txt:
17 "make: ccache: Command not found"
18
19 So it looks as though you may have missed getting your gcc profile
20 straight (as well as not having ccache installed)?
21
22 Check out "man gcc-config".
26 caveat utilitor