From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Numptie revdep-rebuild question?
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 14:27:49
1 On Dec 1, 2005, at 9:52 am, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > ...
3 > KDE is slotted and you have both 3.4.1 and 3.3.2 installed.
4 >
5 > emerge -P kdegraphics will get rid of the older version. You can get
6 > rid
7 > of all the older KDE packages with
8 >
9 > qpkg -I -nc -g kde-base | xargs emerge -P
10
11 That cleared out quite a lot, but if I run `emerge -Pp` I see that
12 there's lots of other slotted packages on my system (see attached).
13
14 The warnings in emerge's manpage are quite clear about the use of -P
15 so, having cleared out KDE 3.3.2 components, I have to ask if there's a
16 safe way to determine if there's any other unnecessary crap on my
17 system.
18
19 TIA,
20