From: Joshua Schmidlkofer <joshland@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Automounting of USB drives
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 06:16:42
1 On 12/1/08 4:15 PM, AJ Spagnoletti wrote:
2 > I have finally reached the point where I use enough USB media
3 > (external hard drives and flash drives) that I would like to set up a
4 > system to automount the media devices for me. I have read in the past
5 > about hal + ivman and a bit of googling has brought up AutoFS as well.
6 > I was just wondering what the best system to automount USB media would
7 > be. I am looking for something that is relatively easy to set up and
8 > is also well maintained. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
9 >
10 > AJ
14 Anyone ever reply to this? If you're using Gnome, then HAL + Gnome will
15 take care of it. I am using HAL + ivman in my servers. It works well
16 for fixing mount points.