From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] bcachefs
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 18:36:21
1 On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 1:51 PM, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Anyone tested/ deployed bcachefs on gentoo yet?
4 >
5 > @rich added to your btrfs howtos?
6 >
7 > It looks very, very cool!
8
9 My sense is that it could be a while before this becomes usable.
10
11 From the list post it doesn't yet support snapshots, or multiple
12 devices, and the disk format isn't stable (which isn't the most
13 important thing, but it is a big milestone).
14
15 But, I'm all for having more options. It just seems like there is a
16 lot of hype - people talk about it like it is done.
17
18 I'm not sure at the data model level how it compares to ZFS/btrfs, and
19 what advantages/disadvantages it might have. Obviously it supports
20 bcache, which is something. I'd really like to see something like
21 that become possible with btrfs (without implementing it as a separate
22 layer underneath).
25 Rich