From: "Marc Stürmer" <mail@×××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] about to give up on systemd and gnome
Date: Sun, 25 May 2014 08:34:06
1 Am 23.05.2014 21:50, schrieb covici@××××××××××.com:
2
3 > I am open to suggestions here, and I have a log segment I can put
4 > somewhere to illustrage the "oh no" problem, but I am getting tired of
5 > the mess and if I can find something which works with orca I will do
6 > that instead.
7
8 Gentoo is all about havinge the freedom of choice, Larry the cow said.
9
10 If GNOME and systemd is not going to work for you at all, you can still
11 switch back to OpenRC and e.g. try the MATE desktop environment instead,
12 which is init-system agnostic and does not depend on systemd. It works
13 fine with and without it.