From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Samba basics
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 10:08:20
1 Hi All,
2
3 This should be easy to answer, but I have had zero experience with Samba so
4 far and can't readily find the answer:
5
6 I have set up a Samba server for a small office and used 'browseable No'
7 extensively in the smb.cfg file, to remove a lot of otherwise visible to the
8 Windows clients directories.
9
10 This has worked but not enough: The Windows file manager still displays the
11 (Linux) user home directory and a file called printers. Is there a way of
12 removing these two items from the Windows client view?
13
14 These are the few relevant excerpts from the smb.cfg file:
15 ================================================
16 # Date: 2007-09-22
17 [global]
18 workgroup = Hydrodynamiki
19 printing = cups
20 printcap name = cups
21 cups options = raw
22 map to guest = Bad User
23 include = /etc/samba/dhcp.conf
24 logon path = \\%L\profiles\.msprofile
25 logon home = \\%L\%U\.9xprofile
26 logon drive = P:
27 usershare allow guests = No
28 add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -c
29 Machine -d /var/lib/nobody -s /bin/false %m$
30 domain master = No
31 usershare max shares = 100
32
33 [homes]
34 comment = Home Directories
35 valid users = %S, %D%w%S
36 browseable = No
37 read only = No
38 inherit acls = Yes
39
40 [users]
41 comment = All users
42 path = /home/
43 inherit acls = yes
44 veto files = /aquota.user/groups/shares/
45 valid users = geoz
46 browsable = No
47 case sensitive = no
48 strict locking = no