From: "Markus Schönhaber" <gentoo-user@×××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] vmware-server requires a serial number, but is free? how does this work
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 22:06:50
1 Kevin O'Gorman schrieb:
2
3 > I've emerged and partly configured vmware-server-1.0.4, but it is asking for
4 > a 20-digit serial number to complete the configuration.
5 > I understood this to be a free product, as it says on the VMware site. But
6 > I didn't notice anything about a serial number. Do
7 > I just make it up, or did I miss something on vmware.com?
8
9 The latter. Here
10 http://vmware.com/download/server/
11 right on the top of the page you are told that
12 "To use the versions below, you will need to register for your free
13 serial number(s)."
14 Part of this sentence is a link which will take you to:
15 http://register.vmware.com/content/registration.html
16
17 Regards
18 mks