From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Festival/Speechd/MBrola: Setting new voice?
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2011 12:05:24
1 Hi,
2
3 I am currently playing around with speech synthesis and installed
4 mbrola, speechd and festival.
5
6 It works so far: I am getting the default english voice, which tells
7 me what time it is.
8
9 Then I was trying to follow some docs from the internet to
10 install/activate different voices...no go.
11
12 Even the simplest case -- the uncommenting of a prepared line --
13 in the /etc/festival/siteinit.scm from
16 ;; If you want a voice different from the system installed default
17 ;; uncomment the following line and change the name to the voice you
18 ;; want
19
20 ;; (set! voice_default 'voice_cmu_us_awb_arctic_hts)
25 ;; If you want a voice different from the system installed default
26 ;; uncomment the following line and change the name to the voice you
27 ;; want
28
29 (set! voice_default 'voice_cmu_us_awb_arctic_hts)
32 leads to an error message:
33
34 SIOD ERROR: unbound variable : cmu_us_slt_arctic_hts
35
36 Voive not installed?
37
38 /usr/share/festival/voices/us/cmu_us_slt_arctic_hts
39
40 No...it is there...
41
42 Unfortunately I am no lisp-man... ;)
43
44 I restarted festival/speechd ... no success ... same error.
45
46 May be I miss some very fundamental thing here...but...
47
48 What do I have to do, to get this beast talking to me ?
51 Thank you very much in advance for any help!
52
53 Best regards,
54 mcc