From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo File Manager
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 02:34:34
1 Mick wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > I am trying out the Gentoo File Manager, but have run aground with the way it
5 > opens certain types of files. How can I create an association to e.g. use
6 > xpdf to open pdf files and OOo (oowriter) to open .odt and .doc files? All I
7 > get now is a plain text editor firing up and opening such files. Same
8 > applies with pictures, videos, etc.
11 For those that are stumped like I was, it looks neat.
12
13 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gentoo_(file_manager)
14
15 I wish this was in portage. I'd like to give this a ride and see how I
16 like it. Any reason it is not in portage? Does it look neat but suck
17 in real use or something? I use Konqueror for mine right now but curious.
18
19 Dale
20