From: Julien Roy <julien@××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Open PGP signatures on Thunderbird
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2022 01:38:44
1 Hello list,
2
3 I recently configured Thunderbird to digitally sign my emails using my
4 GnuPG key. It seemed to be working fine with the tests I made to my
5 other email address, however, I noticed an email I sent to this list was
6 unreadable from the archive [0]. Therefore, I assume something is wrong
7 with my setup since, from my understanding, nothing special is required
8 from the receiver's side to read signed (and not encrypted) messages.
9
10 Does anyone else on this list use Thunderbird with OpenPGP signatures
11 that could help me figure out why this is happening? The configuration
12 on Thunderbird is rather straight forward some I'm not sure what I
13 could've done wrong.
14
15 Do receivers have to accept/add my signature (which attaches itself to
16 my emails by default) before they can view my messages?
17
18 Strangely, the Gentoo User list archive has a small button at the button
19 "Find on MARC"; when I click this, my email is readable just fine [1].
20 This would indicate that perhaps the Gentoo archive isn't configured to
21 handle signatures, however I am not the only one on this list who signs
22 their emails, and other signed emails are readable just find on the
23 Gentoo archive.
24
25 Thanks,
26 Julien