From: Hartmut Figge <h.figge@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Enabling debugging symbols only for specific packages
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 20:15:45
1 Nikos Chantziaras:
2
3 > Is there a way to enable debugging symbols only for some packages? I
4 > need to do that for about 15 packages. Currently, all I can do is edit
5 > make.conf all the time when emerging one of those and add "-g" to CFLAGS
6 > and "splitdebug" to FEATURES. But I *always* forget about it the first
7 > time, ending up building twice.
8
9 *g*
10
11 I would probably do it this way. Having a make.conf-normal and a
12 make.conf-special and a file containing the names of the 15 packages.
13
14 Then an executable shell script with the name emerge in /usr/local/bin
15 with /usr/local/bin in the path before /usr/bin and in this script:
16
17 - test if the package to emerge is in the file
18 - if so, copy make.conf-special to make.conf else copy make.conf-normal
19 to make.conf.
20 - then execute /usr/bin/emerge for the package to emerge
21
22 But you have to avoid running multiple emerge at the same time. ;)
23
24 Hartmut
25 --
26 Notwendig, weil hier meine privaten Patche fehlen