From: Willie Wong <wwong@××××××××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] copy-paste no longer works with (g)vim + OpenOffice
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 22:52:57
1 On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 03:45:30PM -0500, Philip Webb wrote:
2 > I have updated to the latest stable (G)vim 7.2.303
3 > & suddenly can no longer copy+paste from Vim into Open Office:
4 > it doesn't work at all with Gvim & unpredictably with Vim in a Konsole.
5 > I can copy+paste from Most in a Konsole to Open Office as usual.
6 > This is on the Fluxbox desktop with Unicode & a generally reliable system.
7 > I've checked Gentoo bugs & forum, but there's no sign of the problem.
8
9 Which copy+paste? The high-light with mouse and middle click to paste
10 method, or some other one?
11
12 Can you copy and paste from (g)vim to another Konsole? To any other
13 application?
14
15 What use-flag did you compile (g)vim with?
18 > Has anyone else seen this ? Would anyone care to test it ?
19 > Could anyone tell me what other pgms/pkgs are involved in copy+paste
20 > between different apps on a desktop ? Might it be Poppler ?
21
22 Poppler? surely not. Why do you think a PDF renderer would have
23 anything to do with copy and paste?
24
25 W
26 --
27 Willie W. Wong wwong@××××××××××××××.edu
28 Data aequatione quotcunque fluentes quantitae involvente fluxiones invenire
29 et vice versa ~~~ I. Newton