From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] ...preventing MAC OS from polluting my USBsticks...?
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2019 13:43:25
1 Hi,
2
3 it happens that I use my usbsticks with a Mac. As soon I use the stick
4 again with my trusty Linux...I found a lot of added "hidden" files,
5 which are shorter and renamed versions of files, which are already
6 there...and there are everywere.
7
8 Is there any hack/trick/<whatever> to prevent MacOS to write to
9 my usbstick when not instructed to do so?
10
11 I am neither the owner nor the system admin of that Mac...I only
12 have an ordinary user account and I am not allowed to install any
13 software...
14
15 Hopefully there is anything to do against this...
16
17 Cheers!
18 Meino