From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] The future of linux, and Gentoo specifically now
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 08:41:18
1 On Tue, 25 Nov 2014 06:53:14 +0200, Gevisz wrote:
2
3 > > Wouldn't it have been easier to use the simple configuration option to
4 > > move the button back to where you expected it? Far less effort than
5 > > switching distros.
6 >
7 > No. It is not possible in Unity or, at least, it was not possible
8 > in Unity at the time when Ubuntu 12.04 was released. They really
9 > *forced* their users to accept the new place of the closing window
10 > frame button and have argued that it is more ergonomic.
11
12 It was possible, Google has hits on this dated from shortly after the
13 time Unity was released.
14
15 > I even can agree with them that a new place of that button was
16 > logical, ergonomic and saved screen space. So, there was nothing
17 > bad placing it there by default, especially for those who never
18 > used computer before.
19
20 Agreed, I use KDE, which allows button layouts to be changed easily, and
21 have had the window controls on the left for years.
25 Neil Bothwick
26
27 Always remember to pillage before you burn.