From: gottlieb@×××.edu
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gru2-mkconfig tries to read the extended partition ??
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2015 14:38:54
1 On Sat, Jul 25 2015, Mick wrote:
2
3 > I'm afraid you're right:
4 >
5 > "Can Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows Server 2008 read, write, and boot
6 > from GPT disks?
7 >
8 > Yes, all versions can use GPT partitioned disks for data. Booting is only
9 > supported for 64-bit editions on UEFI-based systems."
10 >
11 > https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/dn640535(v=vs.85).aspx#gpt_faq_xp64_boot
14 > Unless you have a good reason for dual booting, why don't you install
15 > MSWindows in a VM?
16
17 My son wanted me to do that. I didn't because
18
19 Something else to learn (I don't run a vm).
20
21 I didn't want to face dell support with linux and xen underneath the
22 supported windows.