From: Mark David Dumlao <madumlao@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] genkernel compile only one new module
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2012 18:59:05
1 make was specifically designed so that by default, it would only compile
2 things whose dependencies had changed since last run.
3
4 If your kernel config had not selected the object before, and all you do is
5 add it as a module, then when you rerun make, only that module should be
6 recompiled. However if you do built-in to module or vice versa, you're out
7 of luck.