From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] XDG_CONFIG_DIRS and XDG_DATA_DIRS env variables with E17
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 19:04:37
1 On Sunday 27 February 2011 15:20:25 Ian Lee wrote:
2 > On 26/02/11 16:41, Mick wrote:
3 > > Where are being these set?
4 > >
5 > > I currently have:
6 > >
7 > > $ echo $XDG_CONFIG_DIRS
8 > > /etc/xdg
9 > >
10 > > $ echo $XDG_DATA_DIRS
11 > > /usr/local/share:/usr/share
12 > >
13 > > I'm asking because although Enlightenment-17 picks up the kde menu from
14 > > there, it does not seem to recognise the respective application icons.
15 > > If I set the icons manually with absolute paths (e.g.
16 > > /usr/share/icons/oxygen/48x48/apps/knode.png, instead of the generic
17 > > knode.png) then I end up with duplicate menu entries for each application
18 > > when I launch kde.
19 >
20 > Go to settings->settings panel.
21 >
22 > In the "Look" category find the "Icon Theme" option.
23 >
24 > Set you icon theme to Oxygen.
27 > For the duplicates:
28 >
29 > Check ~/.local/share/applications/
30 > You should find the .desktop files of the applications you changed to
31 > absolute paths,
32 > kde is probably picking up these and the system ones in
33 > /usr/share/applications.
34 > The ~/.local ones should not be needed
35
36 YES! That fixed the missing icons E17 menu problem and the duplicates in the
37 KDE menu.
38
39 Thank you very much! :-)
40 --