From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] bind-9.7.1_p2 does not want to stop...
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 19:20:32
1 Hi,
2 today I updated my bind from 9.4.3_p5 to 9.7.1_p2. I noticed
3 a few changes in configuration so first I did full backup, then
4 uninstalled 9.4.3_p5 first, removed all configuration files,
5 then emerged 9.7.1_p2, and configured it to run from chroot.
6
7 named seems to start normally:
8
9 # /etc/init.d/named start
10 * Starting chrooted named ...
11 * Mounting chroot dirs
12 * mounting /etc/bind to /chroot/dns/etc/bind
13 * mounting /var/bind to /chroot/dns/var/bind
14 * mounting /var/log/named to /chroot/dns/var/log/named [ ok ]
15
16 The problem is, it runs forever, and does not want to stop:
17
18 # /etc/init.d/named stop
19 * Stopping chrooted named ...
20 * Umounting chroot dirs
21 * Waiting until all named processes are stopped
22
23 And there it hangs. I have been waiting for 15min, but nothing
24 happened and ps shows named is still running. I aborted with
25 ctrl+c and tried again, but still the same. I checked logs,
26 but did not find anything suspicious. So where is the problem?
27
28 Jarry
32 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
33 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.