From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] modules in use
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 19:55:30
1 How can I tell which modules of those listed by `lsmod' are actually
2 being used?
3
4 In the situation during an install when the livecd has loaded every
5 module known to man... how can I tell which are actually being use for
6 my hardware?
7
8 The network is easy enough since only one is loaded but there must be
9 30 sound related modules loaded.
10
11 Further... this is a vmware with gentoo as guest being installed. It
12 shows a SVGA driven display during boot.
13
14 I can't tell if any of the many modules loaded are related to that.
15 The newest kernel doesn't appear to have a choice related to SVGA.