From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Cannot authenticate successfully with SSH
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 22:39:34
1 Anyone know if RSA keys are incompatible between ssh-3.8 and sshd-4.2?
2
3 I have this combination between 2 clients and 1 server.
4 RSA keys consistently fail, DSA keys consistently succeed.
5 The clients are on FreeBSD 5.4 and 5.5, server is FreeBSD 6.1
6
7 I found one report on google of a similar case with a MacOS client connecting
8 to a Gentoo server where the user reported
9 upgrading to sshd-4.3 fixed it, but the key type was not mentioned and I
10 cannot find any reference about it in OpenSSH's Changelogs, or it's bugzilla
13 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com