From: Matt Harrison <iwasinnamuknow@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] non-PHP webmail in portage?
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2009 20:06:52
1 Grant wrote:
2 > Does anyone know of a good (or OK) webmail client in portage that
3 > doesn't use PHP? I use squirrelmail now but I have PHP installed only
4 > for that and I think PHP slows apache2 down a bit.
5 >
6 > - Grant
9 I don't think you'll find anything faster except maybe written in C,
10 which is doubtful. The only other language you might find webmail
11 written in is Perl/CGI and that is definitely not faster in my
12 experience. PHP is about as good as you will get IMHO.
13
14 Matt