From: Indi <thebeelzebubtrigger@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] chicken <--> egg (NFS & tty video)
Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 20:07:49
1 On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 10:00:03PM +0200, Mick wrote:
2 >
3 > Except when 260+ packages need updating as it happened with the last KDE
4 > upgrade. I had a cursory look, but I missed some USE flag changes (scanner,
5 > rdesktop and vnc I think) which started removing packages and libraries.
6 > Other flag changes may well have added packages that I didn't need, but didn't
7 > have the time to go through the lot at the time.
10 You have a point; my systems are probably far leaner than the average
11 desktop user's since I don't really use a full-blown DE and tend to
12 use the CLI versions of many things.
13 I do like a bit of eyecandy though, as you can see:
14 http://openbox.org/wiki/Image:Screenshot-dual-ob-20110513a-sm.jpg
15 :)
18 caveat utilitor