From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Met a brick wall migrating to Modular X
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 16:41:04
1 I'm trying to follow the HOWTO, but I've got a problem with ATI.
2 I put 'ati' in VIDEO_CARDS in /etc/make.conf, but it was not picked
3 up in the actual emerge, and now the driver does not exist, as
4 reported by startx.
5
6 Startx also complains of a missing "speedo" module, but I don't
7 even know what that is.
8
9 In addition, after the build and the revdep-rebuild, an emerge -u
10 wants to build virtual-x11-7.0-r2, as mentioned in the writeup.
11 What it didn't mention was that a huge number of KDE packages
12 are calling for it. What do I do about this? Recompile all of KDE
13 too (presumably by making them all ~x86)? Something else?
14
15 Summary:
16 - how do I make an ATI driver
17 - how do I make a speedo driver