From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [~amd64] Anyone survive the big gnome update from this morning (July 25)?
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 01:11:32
1 I'm very happy that I did the gnome update on a virtual gentoo
2 machine instead of my real machine :) The virtual gentoo is
3 unusable at the moment because gnome is very sick indeed.
4
5 I avoided the big update on my real machine when I saw that
6 gnome-shell (I think it was) demanded the installation of
7 systemd on my openrc-only system.
8
9 Now, I've been running systemd on the virtual gentoo machine
10 for months with no problems, so I wasn't worried about the
11 big update on that machine.
12
13 AFAICT the systemd update has nothing to do with gnome's sickness,
14 systemd-206 seems to be working just fine on the virtual machine.
15
16 The gnome desktop, however, is completely black except for one
17 functioning gnome main-menu applet, which lets me open an xterm
18 for potential debugging efforts.
19
20 Running nautilus from the xterm prompt produces this error:
21
22 GLib-GIO_ERROR: Settings schema 'org.gnome.desktop.background'
23 does not contain a key named 'draw-background'
24 Trace/breakpoint trap
25
26 Has anyone else tried the same update yet?