From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What's the latest install-from-USB-key procedure?
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 23:09:09
1 On Wed, Nov 04, 2009 at 07:10:48AM -0500, Philip Webb wrote
2
3 > I'm in the midst of doing it on an ASUS 1005HA without an I/net connection;
4 > I've got as far as booting with a defective kernel from Lilo
5 > & should have it working tomorrow (the SCSI configuration is wrong).
6 > 'unetbootin' is the best way to write what you need on the USB stick;
7 > System Rescue is good, but lacks ADSL support;
8 > the Gentoo Minimal Install ISO has worked well for me.
9
10 Unfortunately, it can't find the hard drive on my machine. But
11 Knoppix can. So I'll follow the install-under-Knoppix instructions at
12 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/altinstall.xml and hope to figure out the
13 hard drive.
16 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>