From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Honeypot distro?
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2014 00:05:02
1 Am 03.04.2014 11:25, schrieb Pandu Poluan:
2 > My company ended up with several 'ancient' HP ProLiant G4 servers.
3 >
4 > We're thinking of setting up honeypots there.
5 >
6 > Although I know Gentoo is perfectly capable of becoming a honeypot, we
7 > currently prefer something... less involving in deployment :-D
8 >
9 > Now, since this mailing list unarguably contains the 'creme de la
10 > creme' of Linux users in the world... maybe you can help me in
11 > choosing a honeypot distro?
12 >
13 > I've been looking at several, such as "ADHD" or "Stratagem" or
14 > "Honeydrive", also stalwarts such as BackTrack ... but I still can't
15 > make up my mind yet.
16 >
17 > TIA!
18 >
19 > Rgds,
20 well, a honeypot is a trap. So you want it to look like a normal distro,
21 in best case, something corporate-y like RHEL or SLES that is something
22 completely different in reality.
23
24 So... gentoo?