From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] best filesystem for Gentoo
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 22:09:39
1 Colin Copley wrote:
2 > Hi List,
3 >
4 > Any comment on the best filesystem to use for Gentoo running a
5 > webserver, I prefer more speed and less journaling, is there a standard?
6
7 Webserving is a general enough case where there aren't going to be huge
8 advantages between filesystems. I'd go with ext3, maybe look at some of
9 the tuning parameters, and not spend too much time on it. If you find
10 yourself running into I/O issues moving your content to a second drive
11 or adding more RAM to increase the system cache is simpler and will
12 likely offer an order of magnitude more performance than any wacky
13 filesystem hack.
14
15 kashani
16 --