From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: High resolution on a 13 inch screen
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2017 17:39:29
1 >> My laptop's 13" screen has a native resolution of 3200x1800 which
2 >> makes everything crazy small on-screen. Is there a good method for
3 >> telling Xorg or xfce4 to compensate, or should I one-at-a-time my
4 >> applications?
5 >
6 > Depends on your desktop. I'm not sure if XFCE supports this, but in KDE
7 > everything scales to my monitor's DPI automatically.
8 >
9 > What is the output of:
10 >
11 > xdpyinfo | grep -i resolution
12 >
13 > (The utility is in the x11-apps/xdpyinfo package.)
14 >
15 > On such a small screen, the result should be a very high DPI (around 282.)
16 > If that's not the number you get, then your graphics driver is reporting it
17 > wrong to Xorg, and you need to set it manually.
20 This led me to the DisplaySize parameter for xorg.conf which helps a lot.
21
22 Thanks,
23 Grant