From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] checksumming files
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 18:48:47
1 On Thursday 04 December 2008, Heinrichs, Dirk (EXT-Capgemini - DE/Dusseldorf)
2 wrote:
3
4 > Did you make sure the chunks are transfered in binary mode?
5
6 Aha!! Since the split chunks were part of a video file I assumed that it would
7 be binary - and I understand that the default type (for tnftp) is binary?
8
9 There's more to it:
10
11 I use tnftp because it has an unattended feature which suits me nicely. A
12 string like:
13
14 sleep 90m ; tnftp -u ftp://<username>:<passwd>@<server_address>/htdocs/path \
15 <files_to_upload>
16
17 will login after 90 minutes and upload the file(s) I want (not sure if/how I
18 can do this with vanilla ftp).
19
20 > BTW, most
21 > modern FTP clients have a resume option, so there's no need to split.
22
23 Yes, tnftp has the 'reget' command but I can't find a 'reput', or 'resume'?
24 It also has 'restart':
25 ==============================================================
26 restart marker
27 Restart the immediately following get or put at the indicated
28 marker. On UNIX systems, marker is usually a byte offset
29 into the file.
31
32 but I am not sure how this works exactly. Would anyone be clued up on the
33 intricacies of tnftp?
34
35 Anything else I could try?
36 --