From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Removing PAM from my system, is it adviseable?
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 00:55:38
1 On Freitag 23 Januar 2009, Norberto Bensa wrote:
2 > On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 3:11 PM, James Homuth <james@×××××××.com> wrote:
3 > > I'm getting more than a little irritated with
4 > > its attempts to interfere with my attempts to configuring any program
5 > > with an optional PAM plugin.
6 >
7 > What's so bad/hard about pam that everyone wants to remove it?
8 >
9 > Maybe if you ask for directions you'll end up learning pam. Hiding the
10 > problem under the carpet pretending you're doing the right thing is
11 > not the best you can do.
12
13 what is so good/usefull about pam that one shall keep it?