From: microcai <microcai@×××××××××××××.org>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT} CPU question
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2015 01:10:26
1 2015-07-14 0:04 GMT+08:00 <Meino.Cramer@×××.de>:
2 >
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > I am on the way to decide for a tablet PC (7") to use it as a platform
6 > for installing Linux (preferred: Gentoo!) on it and compile software
7 > for it for usage of decoding shortwave audio transmissions (i.e. morse
8 > code, sstv, etc.) for example.
9 >
10 > I mean this NOT performance wise or anything else than
11 > the technical possibility to painless compile linux software
12 > on this CPU, so...
15 > Is an Intel Atom Z3745 (quad core) a sane decision?
18 > Are crosscompilers freely available for it (or is this
19 > CPU even i386 compatible????)
20 >
21 > (tablet: Asus MEMO Pad 7(ME176CX))
22 >
23 > Thank you very much in advance for any help !
24 >
25 > Best regards,
26 > Meino
27
28 many device with Z3745 uses 32bit UEFI firmware, so you have to use
29 32bit UEFI loader and enable mixed mode to load 64bit kernel from
30 32bit bootloader