From: Dan Johansson <Dan.Johansson@×××.nu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] "lvm failed to start"
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2012 16:01:21
1 ectrons!
2 ***************************************************
3 On Thursday 05 April 2012 00.36:33 Neil Bothwick wrote:
4 > On Wed, 04 Apr 2012 18:58:38 +0200, Dan Johansson wrote:
5 >
6 > > I have a similar thing on my ~x86, but the difference is that I know
7 > > why I get it. I have successfully be able to create an initramfs that
8 > > does a vgscan, vgchange -a y and mounts /usr (which is on LVM). But now
9 > > I (naturally) I get "LVM failed to start" (and of cause "failed to
10 > > mount /usr) when openrc processes the init-scripts.
11 >
12 > This is not down to your initramfs, see the previously linked bug.
13
14 What do you mean by "This is not down to your initramfs"?
15 With the new "C:\" concept of udev /usr needs to be mounted before /sbin/init is run and as I am using LVM, LVM needs to be started before /sbin/init as well - or have I missed something here?
18 Dan Johansson, <http://www.dmj.nu>
20 This message is printed on 100% recycled el