From: Bill Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] xorg-server-1.20* failure
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2018 22:37:45
1 Hi, I have a problem with xorg-server 1.20*.
4 LXDM starts, but on login xfce4 freezes with the panel, xfce4-terminal
5 logo and a blank background.  The mouse moves but no response to
6 clicking anything on the panel.  startx as a user or root just goes to a
7 black screen with a blinking cursor. Nothing amiss in the Xorg, dmesg or
8 syslog logs that I can see.
9
10 So far I rebuilt a lot of X, emerge -ep xfce4-meta (some 500 packages)
11 with no change.
12
13 This is the same for 1.20, 1.20.1 and now 1.20.2.  The older 1.19 series
14 worked fine.
15
16 Hardware is MS Surface pro4 with gentoo-sources with Jake Days IPTS
17 patches - IPTS mouse works along with the touchpad.
18
19 There were a few bugs causing somewhat similar symptoms but 1.20.1 was
20 supposed to fix them - has anyone suggestions on what to fix?
21
22 BillK