From: Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] random mouse movements + kdebase 3.5.9-r3 + qt-4.3.3 + gcc-4.3.2 problems
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2009 03:58:07
1 Hi, guys. Happy new year!
2
3 I'm facing some problems. It all began with some weird random mouse
4 movements and clicks once in a while, and also sometimes the graphical
5 interface locks up so that I cannot start nor close any program, even kde
6 itself. I have to turn off the computer and turn it on again (resembles
7 another operating system, doesn't it? - but all the rest of the system still
8 works ok including ACPI power button, so I can get a clean reboot) and then
9 I had the idea of re-emerging several packages.
10
11 And now I'm having trouble while re-building kde-base/kdebase-3.5.9-r3,
12 kde-base/kdelibs-3.5.9-r4 and x11-libs/qt-4.3.3 - none of them compiles
13 without errors.
14
15 I'm using a "~x86" gcc ( sys-devel/gcc-4.3.2-r2 ) so that I may use the
16 "-march=core2" CFLAG and just emerged and installed a 2.6.27-r7 kernel.
17 Also I've re-emerged several qt and kde dependencies, including Xorg - as
18 long as several of its dependencies, too - and a long list of libraries, and
19 all went ok.
20
21 For Qt, the errors keep pointing test phases, which are not enabled here,
22 messages like theese:
23
24 MySQL (thread-unsafe) disabled.
25 MySQL support cannot be enabled due to functionality tests!
26 Turn on verbose messaging (-v) to ./configure to see the final report.
27 If you believe this message is in error you may use the continue
28 switch (-continue) to ./configure to continue.
29 *
30 * ERROR: x11-libs/qt-4.3.3 failed.
31
32 Then I have masked MySQL, and then another USE flag points out the same kind
33 of error.
34
35 For kdebase, it points out a compilation error, as it seems, against a
36 kernel header, like this:
37
38 In file included from handler.h:13,
39 from kdesud.cpp:74:
40 secure.h: At global scope:
41 secure.h:19: error: redefinition of 'struct ucred'
42 /usr/include/bits/socket.h:321: error: previous definition of 'struct ucred'
43 make[3]: ** [kdesud.o] Erro 1
44 In file included from secure.cpp:23:
45 secure.h:19: error: redefinition of 'struct ucred'
46 /usr/include/bits/socket.h:321: error: previous definition of 'struct ucred'
47
48 But kdelibs re-emerged like a charm...
49
50 Any ideas?
51
52 Thanks in advance
53 Francisco
56 "If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you
57 and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one
58 idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas." -
59 George Bernard Shaw