From: Philip Webb <purslow@×××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Card games in portage
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 00:28:26
1 060329 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 17:03:26 -0500, Philip Webb wrote:
3 >> I've always been amazed that there's no pgm to play Bridge on UNIX.
4 > There's abridge - http://www.abridgegame.org/ - for playing online
5 > or did you me something to play against the computer?
6
7 Yes, I meant a program to play against the computer.
8 Finesse Bridge (Win98 only) gives a fairly good imitation of club players
9 & there are some very strong commercial offerings for M$ Windows.
10 However, no-one has ever set out to create such a program for UNIX.
11
12 There are excellent chess programs for Linux
13 & a Go program which makes me (2 kyu) think a bit
14 -- tho' Go is much more difficult for a computer than is chess -- ,
15 so I return to my sociological question in the previous message.
19 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb : purslow@××××××××××××××.ca
20 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Centre for Urban & Community Studies
21 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' University of Toronto
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list