From: Yoav Luft <yoav.luft@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Trying to use ndiswrapper caused a hell of trouble: no suspend and wl doesn't autoload
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 09:47:55
1 Hi,
2 I have problems to connect to WPA wireless networks, and it seemed
3 like those were driver related, so I've tried running ndiswrapper.
4 After I failed to get better (or any) performance with it, I tried to
5 revert to the previous settings, but at first the system wouldn't even
6 boot. I've booted with an older kernel for which I haven't build
7 neither ndiswrapper or wl, and removed ndiswrapper completely. But
8 ever since, wl isn't loaded automatically (it does load if I load it
9 manually) and KDE4 fails that detect my system's ACPI capabilities,
10 which makes suspending extremely annoying to me (mostly, because I
11 don't remember how to suspend not using KDE).
12 I'm not sure what other information to provide. I would appreciate any help.