From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Latest unstable ntp not generating ntp.drift file.
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 02:46:15
1 Is the clock almost in sync? - if its too far out ntp will silently fail
2 to sync (by design - large scale time steps can be destructive for
3 heavily active databases for instance)
4
5 Check out the -g option to ntpd in 'man ntpd'
6
7 or 'tinker panic 0' in ntp.conf
8
9 Also, has ntp.conf specified a writable frift file in a directory that
10 exists?
11
12 ntp can be VERY complex when it doesnt "just work" :)
13
14 BillK